Only 30% of Top 100 Pharma and Biotech have Apps…
According this very good study by Mike Ratclife
- To date, only 30%, or 30 companies out of the 100 surveyed have Apps in the Apple Apps Store
- The 30 companies with Apps had launched 101 Apps.
- Nearly two thirds have only launched one or two Apps; The largest number of Apps sponsored by any one single company is nine – Merck and Sanofi.
- All are free whether for the iPhone or iPad. The iPhone is the most popular platform accounting for 75% of all Apps, 50% are on the iPad and 25% are on both platforms.
- These Apps are targeted at either consumers (patients), or professionals (providers). Nearly two thirds are aimed at consumers, while one third at professionals.
Read the full study at:
Ratcliffe, Mike. Pharma & Biotech tap into Mobile Apps. CI Strategy, 21 September 2012, Available from: http://www.cistrategy.com/2012/09/21/pharma-biotech-tap-into-mobile-apps/