Are Science web sites popular?
Not so much, apparently!!!
According Alexa Internet (combination of average daily visitors and pageviews each month):
- PubMed (incl. NIH) is the most popular science-related web sites, with a 404 th place
- ScienceDirect, the biggest ejournals platform: 1,147 th
- Nature.com, the most awarded scientific journal, is ranked 3,128 th!
- ScienceBogs, the largest conversation about science on the web, is ranked 4,908 th!
- INIST, the French Research body: 4,923 th
- Connotea, the historical social bookmarking: 6,679 th
- Web of Science (incl. ISI Knowledge): 14,882 th
- BioMedCentral, the major open access resource: 22,678 th
- Scopus, the largest bibliographical database: 25,187 th
- Scirus, the best search engine for science: 38,353 th
- BioMedExperts, SciTopics, NovoSeek, 2Collab, Research Blogging, etc. don’t appear on this database!!!
On 21rst of October 2009, Source: www.alexa.com