Google Scholar announces major improvements
ResourceShelf seems proud to announce major changes in Google Scholar (GS).
- Email alerts are now available
- Syntax has been enhanced to build complex queries
- Alert on new citations to paper
- A disruptive (?) feature was introduced, the automatic query modification: according Google, GS alerts “changes your to get better results (for example, [statistical speech recognition] has been changed to [statistical intitle:”speech recognition“]”. No surprise that Google keeps the secrecy about how query modification works!!!
What GS doesn’t do still:
- Date limits do not work
- RSS feeds are not yet available
- List of indexed journals is not published
- Updating policies are not clear