SharePoint: lessons learned by a library
This paper deals with how a library got used with SharePoint 2007.
- “The problem with SP is getting started“
- “SP isn’t an “install and go” program“: trainings are required
- Nice integration with the Office suite
- Single sign-on for whatever
- You push information to grups using permissions
- Each user automatically gets “MySite”
- “It’s pretty clear that SP can do some cool stuff“
- “SP is a lot like a Swiss Army Knife. It can do a ton of different things...”
- “We’ve found that people who love SharePoint also love talking about SharePoint” !!!
- “Start small but think big“
- “Plan ahead for unexpected growth”
- “Make sure the infrastructure and organization of your SP instance is extensible and flexible“
Ennis, Lisa E. & Tims, Randy S. Harnessing the power of SharePoint for Library applications. Computers in Libraries, Vol.30, N°5, June 2010. pp6-13. Online: