Free Thomson service to identify experts
Thomson Reuters introduces ISI Highly Cited as an expert gateway to the most highly influential scientists and scholars worldwide.
This freely accessible Web site gives research professionals working in a variety of occupations an invaluable tool to identify individuals, departments and laboratories that have made fundamental contributions to the advancement of science and technology in recent decades.
These individuals are the most highly cited within each category, and comprise less than one-half of one percent of all publishing researchers–truly an extraordinary accomplishment.
ISIHighlyCited.com highlights the top 250 preeminent individual researchers in each of 21 subject categories who have demonstrated great influence in their field as measured by citations to their work–the intellectual debt acknowledged by their colleagues.
The information for each researcher is as follows:
- Biographical information: education, faculty and professional posts, memberships and/or offices, current research interests, and personal Web sites.
- Full listing of publications: journal articles, book or book chapters, conference proceedings, web sites and other Internet resources
- Bibliography enhanced by links to the full bibliographic information indexed in the Web of Science
When visiting ISIHighlyCited.com, one can:
- Search for the top researchers by name, category, country, or institutional affiliation
- Track research trends through literature references using links to and through the Web of Science
- Learn about or stay current on the research authorities and trends in a number of fields
- Identify key individuals, departments and laboratories
- Locate colleagues and experts
- Discover new dimensions of a researcher’s work
- Show students the development of scientific ideas
ISIHighlyCited.com is the only online forum in the world for this type of communication and research.
A good place to start an experts identification…