A dozen of Apps made available for Elsevier SciVerse
Elsevier announced the release of Content APIs Empowers Developers to Create New Tools to Accelerate Science and Offers Platform for Sharing with the Global Scientific Community.
The marketplace includes more than a dozen new search and discovery applications designed to offer a preliminary illustration of the capabilities of the new platform.
Some of the applications available include:
• eReader Formats: Converts articles for viewing on any eBook device
• Table Download: Allows users to download data tables from an article into Excel, saving time and increasing efficiency
• My Workflow Search: Enables users to find experimental workflows and connect with people doing similar experiments
• ODiSSea: Semantically broaden a search utilizing medical and biology ontologies and retrieve relevant results from four commonly used data resources (e.g.,ClinicalTrials.gov, DrugBank, OMIM, Research Crossroads)
• Quantifind: Allows users to discover a new way of searching, leveraging data rather than traditional keyword search to uncover emerging trends and correlations
Further info on the Elsevier website: