74% of Pharma companies have adopted social technologies in 2011
Or at least one social-technology tool in 2011, has shown a McKinsey study in November 2011.
- Companies are improving their mastery of social technologies, using them to enhance operations and exploit new market opportunities…
- Executives say that their companies are using them to increase their agility and to manage organizational complexity. Many believe that if organizational barriers to the use of social technologies diminish, they could form the core of entirely new business processes that may radically improve performance.
- Organizations use social tools for internal purposes but have also increased among those that use them for communicating with customers or for integration with partners and suppliers
- The most used tool is Social network (50%), followed by blogs (41%), vidéo (38%) and microblogging which stay marginal (23%)
- Adoption by Industries : HighTech, Telecom, 86% ; … ; Pharma, 74% ; … ; Energy: 62%
How social technologies are extending the organization. MacKinsey Quarterly, Nov. 2011.