Swets launches a Mendeley special edition
for its customers.
Swets, the world’s leading information service company, and Mendeley, creators of the revolutionary online reference management and academic social networking tool, are pleased to announce the launch of Mendeley Institutional Edition powered by Swets. Building on the existing Mendeley functionalities, this multi-device solution provides librarians and institutions with a means to:
- Connect their collection directly to researchers and end users
- Support researchers within their own workflow
- Create pathways for collaboration and interaction among students, professors and their peers
- Monitor, support and facilitate the research undertaken within their institution
- Showcase the value of their institution to potential students and research staff
With over 1.4 million active users Mendeley has quickly established itself as a must-have research tool among academic students, professors and researchers around the globe. It contains the world’s largest crowd-sourced information library, with over 145 million documents. Although the software has opened up new pathways for collaboration and interaction between individual students and researchers in similar fields around the world, those researchers could still benefit from the knowledge, guidance and expertise of the traditional library. MendeleyInstitutional Edition powered by Swets addresses this need, providing a unique operating place within the Mendeley platform from which librarians can guide, support and facilitate the research undertaken across their institution.